Sunday, January 22, 2012

Photo A Day - Day 22

Meet my neighbour Kate.



She is all kinds of awesome.

We hit the jackpot when Kate and her family moved in next door.  She bakes.  She minds my children.  Even though we have only been neighbours for just over a year she helps me out a lot.

In March Kate is going to do the world's greatest shave and shave ALL her hair off to raise money for people with blood cancer and their families.

Here is what she says about it:
My family has been touched by many different types of cancer, with my mum and cousin Wendy passing away, and my uncles Roy and Edwin still fighting on. So I really feel for other people and their families who are facing this terrible disease.

Lets all band together to care for other cancer sufferers, and use our bad experiences to create hopeful ones for others.
Please consider sponsoring Kate - if you are interested you can do so by clicking here.

PS You will see her again on the blog in March - with no hair!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Go Kate!

As you know we lost our 7 year old nephew to Leukemia not long.

What a great cause!