I have much to be thankful for, not least of which is the fact that this morning I realised before leaving the house that I was wearing my shirt inside out. Unlike last time. Of course I am thankful for my children, for my family, for chocolate, for friends, for sleep - the list goes on. I really like the idea though of stopping to look back over the year and take stock of how far we have come.
This year Ashlea has:
- learnt to sit on her bottom for short periods of time
- learnt to pull up to stand against the couch / TV / chairs / people's legs
- learnt to get back down again!
- learnt to walk short distances with a kaye walker (!!!)
- learnt to stand up into the kaye walker by herself
- not had a hospital admission (I know I'm taking a risk by saying that out loud)
- enjoyed a whole heap of new experiences at preschool
- participated in not one, but TWO concerts
- learnt to talk up a storm
Wow. What a list. She is just blossoming. Her awareness, understanding of, and participation in the world has grown so much. This afternoon when I picked her up from preschool she told me:
I drawed a chismas treeHow delightful. She knows what a Christmas tree is. She knows she drew one at preschool. She wanted to tell me about it.
I have definitely got a lot to be thankful for.